Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Alcohol Inking

These two alcohol inked backgrounds are similar to a technique at Splitcoast Stampers Called Alcohol Ink Marbling taught today by Audrie Magno-Gordon.  I used Jacquard Pinata Alcohol Inks as well as Adirondack Alcohol Inks (by Tim Holtz).  I varied the technique a little--instead of using a ziploc bag for ink transfer I used a piece of acrylic. (NOT a good idea because it becomes unusable after you have used it a time or two.  ON the Halloween Card, the graphic is from my stash.  I added it to my files in 2004 and have NO idea who drew the jack-o'-lantern. The little rhinestone cat and moon came from Michaels and the Happy Halloween sticker is a Dazzles Halloween Sticker.


The card below is inked in the same inks (different color palette) with the Jacquard Inks.  I had some voids in that one and found that Copic markers blended perfectly when inked over the void.  The delightful graphic is one of Paper Nest Dolls creations.  Both cards are double matted with Recollections paper, and the little green bow is a SU Old Olive ribbon embellishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment