Monday, September 22, 2014

Acrylic Poinsettia

This beautiful card is made with the Anja Square die by Marianne Creatables (LR0242).  The leaves are cut from the largest flower of the Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia (S5-055) die. And the flourish and holly swirl is a Cheery Lynn Border Holly Flourish (B148).  These dies are all available at Joan's Gardens.   The poinsettia is a stamp, (SU Watercolor winter stampset) stamped on clear acetate with Staz-on ink. I added drops of reinker ink in SU's real red and cherry cobbler to 3D Crystal Lacquer and painted it on the stamped side of the acrylic.  I shook micro-fine glitter on the backside before it was dry and added Stickles gold glitter glue to the center (of the stamped side of the acrylic).  After it had dried I cut out the acrylic and adhered it with a popup glue spot to the card base.  The fir branch accents are a Martha Stewart punch burnished with Tim Holtz Distress ink (Forest Moss).  The Merry Christmas gold sticker is from Pop-ups-etc and is a Starform sticker.




1 comment:

  1. Wow beautiful. How do I do that? I have TH tattered pointsettia die, etc. Most of what I would need, but how do I make it like that. Well GREAT JOB Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete