Saturday, April 20, 2013

Die Cut Paper Ribbons

This project is for one of the assignments of Catherine Scanlon in her class for Mix N Match Die cutting techniques at My Creative Classroom.  For this project I used bright chartreuse paper (because I thought I would practice with it --I never work in that color!)  But the ribbon "turned out!" so I kept it! The plaid paper is by My Mind's Eye, and is called Check Him Out (JD1012) a pattern by Christy Lyle and Zoe Pearn. I used Edge Only and Insert A from Spellbinders Edgeabilities Mix and Match Classics E8-006.  The butterfly is from a K&Company 60+ piece element pack. The rhinestones on threads are from the Disney Princess collection (Walmart) and the tag is created with Sizzix Decorative Label set #4 (656537). Sentiment and oval punch are by SU. After submitting this to MCC for my class, I intend to set this design with mod podge, then cut this 5x7 card to fit the front of a 5x7 composition book and adhere it as the cover of a triplog for myself---for an upcoming trip.  I will make the back cover plain, or inset with the plaid paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment