Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Magical Mail Keep



This box on a pedestal is a Mail-Keep with one white envelope in it.  So often I'll finish my projects and then lose them on the desk before I get them into envelopes to mail.  Now the Mail Keep will keep them safe and ready to go.  The overall finished project is about 7 1/2" tall by 4 1/2" wide including the pedestal.
The front of this pedestal box is created with the cardfront of an absolutely spectacular alcohol inked background with the Hero Arts DI585 Fairy Window Fancy Die 
Paper is SU Bermuda Bay and Basic Black, embossed with 3d Leaves EF by SU.  These are matted over silver cardstock on the sides and back of the card.  Tiny butterflies are punch outs from a Martha Stewart Edge punch.  Findings on the front include various types of sequins and jewels silk flowers and vellum cuts (actually from a snowflake for the filigree I wanted)- all from my stash).  The little feet on the box are by Darice Craftwood (JoAnns)The other fairies on the box are from Poppy Stamps and include Dancing Fairies Posing Fairy, River Fairy and Thoughtful Fairy.  The way to achieve such a beautiful Alcohol Inked background paper can be found on my friend Sandi MacIver's UTube Channel.   Check out her Simple Alcohol Techniques #1 video to see this EXACT cardfront that I used on this project.   Thank you Sandi, I will treasure this thoughtful card you sent me, and enjoy creating stunning backgrounds like yours for future projects.

The Second Magical Fairy Mailkeep


 

No comments:

Post a Comment