Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Beautiful Spring

The quotation on this card reads:  "A day comes in the springtime, When Earth puts fort her powers, Casts off the bonds of winter And lights him hence with flowers."  ~ Dora Read Goodale.


I used a deckled edge trimmer on the pink base cardstock. The artpiece is die cut with the beautiful Spellbinders S5-59, Gold Labels 4, matted on Rich Razzleberry (SU paper cut with Lifestyle Crafts rectangles (rounded), and embossed with "Dots #5" Sizzix 658285. The artpiece is colored with Prismacolor pencils, accented with Wink of Stella, and finished in Gamsol.  This image (by Jerimiah Ketner)  can be found to color at Coloriages.  

Since I created this card I have enrolled in the ABSOLUTELY AWESOME Perfecting Pencils online Course, taught at Kit and Clowder  by Alyce.  I will be adding to and modifying this work quite a bit before I can be happy with it.  Her class will teach me absolutely everything I need to know about working with Prismacolor Pencils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment