Monday, November 10, 2014

Poinsettia detail

This card is reminiscent of a card I made last year that I just loved so I tried it again.  I created this with Marianne Designables cut and emboss folder DS0908.  I love the detail in those cut and emboss folders of hers. The Poinsettia is Spellbinder's Layered Poinsettia cut from Cherry Cobbler (SU) paper and finished with inked edges of Cherry Cobbler and Clear Wink of Stella brushing. The fir branches are a punch by Martha Stewart, and the center is first a tiny diecut from one of the Build a Flower dies, and then a gold rhinestone.  The sentiment is from Su Petite Pairs (122497) stamped in Gold Delicata ink.

Another card that uses the same Spellbinder's Poinsettia Layered dies, Rich Razzleberry SU paper (that matches the ribbon)  and also the  Tim Holtz layered poinsettia (green paper for leaves).  This poinsettia is finished with a distress ink pink border, Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter gel, white holographic cording from the Ribbon Store, and silver fir branch punches (Martha Stewart)  The Paper is Recollections musical note glitter cardstock.   I use waxed paper in my dies so they will release a little better, and the waxed paper was so delicate, that I added a layer of that to the flower as I stacked it up.   This is one of my favorites for this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment