Saturday, May 16, 2015

ChowChing_The Iris Mermaid

Ching Chow Kuik's  graphics, and particularly her faces, are SO amazing.  I really enjoyed Prismapencil coloring and decorating this Iris Mermaid.  The Kit and Clowder monthly theme for May is Mermaids, so the Purple Iris Mermaid won't be the only one I post. She is foam mounted on shimmery turquoise paper, and a royal blue paper, edged with Cuttlebug's bubbles embossing folder. Rhinestones, bits of linen thread, pearls and Gelly Roll Clear Star pen accent the mermaid.  In the corner is a chunk of my glitter/powder picker-upper because it is treated gauze that has some glitter stuck in it.  The "coral" is Martha Stewart punch (fir) , and the teeny seashells are from my embellie stash.  The medallion was created by my friend Tracy Wray.  The inside sentiment (printed in photoshop) reads:
"Be the mermaid, Be elusive and mysterious; Be independent, Be Free, Be Modest and search for the Treasures life has to offer."



3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely your best work yet! Simply elegant...and who'd a thunk about cutting up your glitter cloth?? Not me! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priss its really the most beautiful card you have done I just love it all and is set off by the most adorable shell cluster ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm running out of adjectives! Not only is your penciling 'off the charts', I love the little pearls and cluster you added. Very special...Clar...

    ReplyDelete