Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wings and Petals


This "Things with Wings" Facebook Challenge entry became one of my very favorite cards ever.  She started out to be done in other colors (in my mind's eye) but as I worked she became an orange toned piece.  I was doing it for a friend who had kidney surgery for a cancerous kidney, and after I was all through with the card, I discovered that orange is the "ribbon color" for kidney cancer. Wings and Petals can be found here.  This one is colored in Prismacolor Pencils, finished in wink of stella, stickles, enamel dots and accents. She is double mounted on damask embossed orange paper, tied with an organza ribbon and has black glitter paper diecut butterflies (Colette Butterfly Branch #99387-by Memory Box).   Get Well soon is heat emossed black (Lawn Fawn sentiment scripty sayings stamp LF844)  The inside of the card has my note to my friend, and orange ribbon of hope, and two more black glittered butterflies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment