Saturday, September 5, 2015

Aurora Wings Mistletoe Fairy by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff

This stunning graphic called the Mistletoe Fairy can be purchased at  Aurora Wings.  She is part of the "big eyes" collection of fairies and goddesses drawn by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.  

I created a mistletoe paper in Photoshop and embossed it with Embossabilities polka dots for the bottom layer.   The matting layer is Green Gina K "Fresh Asparagus" paper, The artwork is popped up with craft foam and colored in  Prismacolor pencils.  The mistletoe berries are touched with 3d Crystal glaze so they are clear bubbles of berries.  I've also used SU epoxy bubbles in the corner and additional bubbles of 3d Crystal glaze there that do not show in the photo of this project. 





A very happy accident on this one.  I was making my own "glue dots" and picked up the 3d Galaxy gloss instead of the Best Glue Ever or Tack it Over and Over (Aleens), dabbed on my "transfer paper" and let it dry.  When I went to use it as a glue dot, I discovered it had set up and bubbled perfectly and was all sizes.  WONDERFUL for the berries on the Mistletoe fairy--and wherever I want bubbles with more dimension than one coat of Crystal Glaze will give the image.  (Transfering them and adhering them was a little trickier--nice to have a picker upper (Embelli Jelli) for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment