Saturday, April 4, 2015

Kit and Clowder Perfecting Pencils

Here's my work for the first two exercises in Alyce's Perfecting Pencils Class at Kit and Clowder.  I LOVE the class, LOVE her feedback, love the progress I am making and HATE the paper I am working on until the "Right kind" comes in from Red River Paper company this week. (All my paper was very slick paper, and you need one with a bit of texture. All I had was very heavyweight watercolor paper, and texture it has--so much that I'm not able to blend perfectly..but getting the hang of the technique nevertheless.)  So!  My practice grows, and the fun increases as I learn all sorts of techniques with Prismacolor wax pencils.  Whatever medium you'd like to perfect (or just dabble in and try out), Alyce is there with a phenomenal course for you--from gaining creative confidence, to color theory, to copics, pencils--you name it!  AND  this amazing Australian Teacher is going to be presenting two weekend workshops here in the US, one in Anaheim CA and the other in Florida this   year. For information see the Kit and Clowder website, blog and facebook pages.


I had trouble with the lighting on this third lesson when I photographed it.  Turning the paper to the smoother side and trying this was a little easier.  Now I know that watercolor paper does not work for me and I am trying some others, including canvas paper (didn't work), and heavy matte (didn't work) And now to Strathmore and La Tiente paper.


Since this class was a "project" class as well as a technique class, here's my Lesson 2 finished project!  I used Spellbinders SCD-012 Pierced  Rectangles on the Prismacolored Pencil graphic by Ppinky Doll, a Flourish Die from Cheery Lynn, (B 37--tiny fanciful flourish)  and flowers from my stash from I am Roses.com.   Inside stamp, (white on Rich Razzleberry SU) is "You are Amazingly Amazing." The flower that looks so yellow in the photograph is the same color as the watercolor paper.




And this is the project card from the Greeting Farm image used for Lesson 1 in the Perfecting Pencils Class.  This is mounted on SU Island Indigo and Baja Breeze, and on Very Vanilla cardstock.  The gel/epoxy hearts are SU and the I love you diecut is from the "labels" framelit (SU.)

No comments:

Post a Comment