Sunday, October 19, 2014

Microbeaded die cuts

This card was fun to try out the Faber-Castell Glass bead glitter gel on an intricate die cut.  I cut the white snowflakes with Spellbinders Create a Flake 5 (S4-404) available at Joans Gardens I had a "happy accident" as I was applying the microbeads.  I was gathering the gel from inside the cap of the storage container on my brush to spread it, and it popped out and flopped upside down on another of the cuts I was working on.  PRESTO---microbeads all applied perfectly and no waste as I lifted the cap liner up off the diecut.  THAT was a surprise.  I also used the Sizzix Hero ARts stamp and embossing folder Snowflake Background using Versamark to stamp on the Night of Navy paper.   When it was dry I touched each snowflake with a GellyRoll clear star pen.  Adding a Starform Sticker (Holographic silver and gold #357) from popups etc--and I was done. Drying time

was really all the time this beautiful card took.

No comments:

Post a Comment