Monday, June 23, 2014

Stencils and Color

Challenge 19 at Joan's Touch this week calls for lots of different colors of ink, lots of textures, and the use of a stencil (or die). This card is created exclusively for this challenge.  
 I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder of flourishes (that I flattened and did not color) on the yellow mat, trimmed a black mat with Starform Black Outline Stickers (1001). Then had an amazing first try with a Spellbinders Impressabilities stencil that I had never used at all until today. (Butterfly 12-1002)  This I used the DEBOSSED side of, and inked that detail with Calypso Kaleidacolor ink that I brayered on.  (My next card will show the same technique on the embossed side!---really pretty).  I spritzed that inking while it was still moist so that the colors would merge and intensify, and then spritzed again with Shimmer Sparkle.  The sentiment is a sticker called Just for you that I got at pop-ups etc. (121001/9321).   This debossed inked center is die cut from Spellbinders Labels 18 (S4-310) Next I die cut Fantastic Flourish One (Spellbinders S2-010) and edged parts of that beautiful flourish with  Black Glaze pen by Sakura and black and gray rhinestones.
The tiny butterflies, touched up with 3D Galaxy Gloss glaze are Beautiful Wings Embosslits by SU.  Spellbinders products, glazes, inks, papers and spritzers are all available at Joan's Gardens.  The Fantastic Flourish was one of the first dies I ever got from Joan's Gardens, and it was fun to follow the challenge with a flowery flourish that almost exactly matched the lines and detail of the Impressabilities metal stencil.





2 comments:

  1. Oh Priss your card is so pretty! I love the colors!











    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Priss. Love the colors you used and the design is so unique. Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete