Friday, February 22, 2013

At Joan's Gardens Challenge #7

The Challenge this week is oval, vellum and polka dots.  So I have had a wonderful time with new skills that I learned at Joan's Gardens, particularly helpful was her link to videos for using stickers really effectively that Joan presented in her February 18th blog post. In these fantastic videos, Els, demonstrates a bunch of techniques and I used them here.  The sticker is #894 from Starform stickers. ( I got my stickers from PopUpsEtc, The main Easter Lily is worked directly on high quality watercolor paper with Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  The stickers on the sides are mounted on vellum (as is the cross) and those are hand cut out and also colored with the Distress Markers. The green paper is glimmermisted with champagne color glimmer mist so it has a pretty (and subtle) sparkle. The sentiment Easter Wishes is from All Holidays Stamp Set (SU) and I heat embossed the sentiment using A La Mode's detail gold embossing Powder.  The background is "Dotted Elegance" Embossing Folder by Craftwell that is a large embossing folder for the E-Bosser, which I also got from At Joan's Gardens. 


This card is also for Use Every Stamp Challenge's Blog

1 comment:

  1. Gorgious card Priss. Love the cross and colors and the beautiful gold embossing. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete