Wednesday, February 20, 2013

At Joan's Gardens Challenge #6

I just had to try out one more technique for this outdoorsey birthday card challenge this week.  This Gate Fold with Window Tutorial was originally shared by  Norma   and the little precious girl on a branch of flowers is by Wee Stamps. I colored her with a combination of copics and Tim Holtz Distress Markers. The inside birthday sentiment is a SU stamp.   The beautiful paper for this was the  Sun Kiss Collection "Bliss"  by Prima Marketing.  I used cutout butterflies and also butterflies cut from the paper with the SU Beautiful Wings Sizzix Embosslits. The matching flowers (punched from the same paper and accented with Ranger's Stickles (Platinum) were punched with McGill Punch Mini Petals, and then brushed with Distress inks and Distress Markers. The window Die  Cut was Memory Box Drop Ornament (98378).  Almost all of these supplies are available at Joan's Gardens.  Keeping  gate fold cards closed can be challenging  and there are several ways to do that.  For this card, I will tie a matching blue organza ribbon belt around the bottom of the card that will slip away and allow it to open when I mail it. 

I want to thank those blog viewers who left me comments.  I so appreciate your taking the time to do that. Thank you for letting me share my passion with you and for letting me grow with your inspiring cards and ideas too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment