Friday, November 23, 2012

At Joan's Gardens--freepost week

This card is a folding project that was featured in the November Papers and Pixels Magazine on page 87 taught by Valita Reynolds.  This is to be a folded front for a card, but I used the idea for a large mat on a card front edged with gold foil inking.  I reread Valita's Tutorial in the PnP magazine and was aware that I did NOT score the fold lines quite wide enough--so when I try this again, I'll make them wider, and the card front will turn out like Valita's did.  Wonderful project, and wonderful issue of the PnP magazine this month. I used Starfoam gold line stickers Merry Christmas sentiment from PopUps Etc The poinsettia is from I Am Roses, and I painted it with  3 D Galaxy Gloss by Tessler Stamps, but also like 3D Crystal Lacquer by Sakura Hobby and Crafts for turning the paper into porcelain.  This card could be improved if I had used lightly textured cardstock.  The folding is quite tricky to get right,  but the project is definitely worth doing again!




No comments:

Post a Comment